Sunday, February 1, 2009

Day by Day

We all have to deal with whatever the day throws at us and sometimes it seems overwhelming but there's always somebody who's got it worse. Because of shortage of space in our barn and a couple of extra horses to feed we've run short of hay. Luckily there's plenty of hay to be had, so it's just a matter of getting it. The Mennonite farmers in Inola have thousands of bales of prairie hay (naturally growing grasses and forage) as well as bermuda in small square bales or large round bales.While I spent the better part of my Saturday afternoon loading, hauling and unloading 2 & 1/2 tons of hay so our pets can eat for another month I discovered that I don't have it so bad. Gary Yoder, the farmer selling me the hay, told me he had 3 head of cattle walk onto an ice covered pond, break through and drown. He's out several hundred $$$ plus has to deal with the dead animals. (They ain't got it so good either.)
Every time I get into a blue funk I expand my vision to what's going on beyond my bubble and try to get a grip. Then I crawl back into my bubble, curl up into a ball and shut the rest of the world out. Ah-h-h, that's better!

Dont Worry, Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin

5 comments:

mjooc said...

I love you.

pakrboy said...

Stupid cows

tinman said...

I really didn't know that pond ice had gotten thick enough for a cow to walk on, much less three!

pakrboy said...

Yeah, tinman, starting to think the Mennonite reputation for lying and thieving is at least half true. Wonder where they REALLY got all that hay!

nuh dah ay gay he said...

day by day, day by day, day by day

thanks tinman - i need to realize how great i do have it. i've been whining to myself about things....but man, i'm lucky

blue funk's are sometimes not easy to recongnize in others.....we can hide it well. to any bluefunker...hang in there

it helps to have you guys

ok, i'm rambling...got to go to work now ..ugh :)