Sunday, October 5, 2008

Remembering Mother

It was a day much like today, the last time I saw her smiling face. Warm and sunny with a slight breeze. I had gone up to Nowata with Brenda and little Cara in early October. It was a typical visit.Small talk about the weather .Catching up on family stuff.
But the center of attention was her grand daughter. All smiles around her grandchild. Talking smiling and laughing with little Cara. That made her happy.
A loving hug and a kiss goodbye.
We left with a beep of the car horn and a wave, a glance back at her smiling face and on with life.

2 comments:

tinman said...

Much the same as my last remembrance. I can almost feel the hug.

nuh dah ay gay he said...

yea, me and liz went up on dad's bday an i had made this rediculous little cake - but mother just went on about how wonderful it was. she sure knew how to make you feel special. i remember looking into her brown twinkling eyes before we got in the car.
love you mother