Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome back, my friends. . . .



. . . to the show that never ends.

Over three years ago I had a conversation with Steve about my desire to digitize all of the old Gramblin 8mm home movies. After a few false starts and bumps in the road (and one complete do-over) they are finally complete. The first clip begins about a month before the 1983 Fourth of July and go through Christmas of '88 when we got our first camcorder. I've created a YouTube playlist of all 32 videos. While some of these videos are very Gramblin specific and hard to watch even if you ARE the fuzzy moving dot playing soccer, most of the films are of our trips back to Oklahoma or when family would travel to see us where ever we lived. With each video I've added a small, and very incomplete, description. Please feel free to add to or correct what is on there because my ultimate goal would be to package everything in a way that tells as complete a story as possible for those who are watching in the future and are wondering who all those strange people in short shorts and tall socks were. I hope these bring a little joy to everyone as we start the new year. Come and see the show.

8 comments:

tinman said...

My my, you've been a busy boy! Nice job.

pakrboy said...

Ahh, Fourth of July in Nowata; some things never change. Thankfully, shorts aren't one of those things.
That was fun! Thanks for sharing.

Hawk said...

Love It! Thanks for your efforts and for sharing!

equineobsessed said...

Cool, I can't wait to watch them ALL!

Greenrok said...

Some really heart felt memories and images. Thanks so much for putting the work in to making this happen. The music is really well done. Hope you had fun putting this together, it looks like it was allot of effort, and I'm enjoying the idea as well as the finished work.

nuh dah ay gay he said...

Thanks for making me cry! really tho. i can't express how greatful i am that you did this. i treasure every one. and i can't even begin to express how these clips of life makes my heart swell with love and remberance of where i come from. i was so lucky to have such a sweet sweet young girl like lizzy. and i was so lucky to get to share those times with you guys. xxoomo

B.L. Covey said...

Very,very nice. Great job, D!

lemonade said...

Agreed with all comments here, great work DNG- I am crying but for a different reason than MO- please don't tell Javi these tapes exist for at least 15 years- what a rejuvenating experience to observe what you remember transpiring, especially the joy- I really remember being that happy when we would all get together- I am so glad to see that it was not just my imagination and that everyone was having nearly as much fun as I was- especially happy seeing Jimdaddy and Granny both with smiles- and having a little boy now myself, Brandon does this little wave movement with his arm and it just got me- the innocent youth, the grainy images of familiar places, trees and breeze, the colorful clothes and characters, the endless games, generations of family. So good for the spirit, thanks for sharing.