Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sickened writer :(

In what was the final chapter of our trip out west, I wrote about the final full day at Joe and Becca's house. I wrote it as a comment to the last entry I had written (as I have done all along). Little did I know that there is a limit to the number of words I can post as a'comment'. Unfortunately as I was attempting to transfer the writing (over 4000 words) from 'comment' to 'new post'I lost every bit of it. I cannot retrieve it. I am sickened.
I don't know if I can recall all the great things that inspired such a lengthy comment.
Sorry for such a long time in the writing. I really enjoyed recalling all the great things that happened while on our trip.
The time we spent at Joe and Becca's was very special. Over time I will attempt to retrace in my mind all that happened and document the story.

3 comments:

pakrboy said...

I enjoyed and appreciated it! Thanks again for letting Kiah come along on your expedition. She's richer for it.

Hawk said...

Glad we got to share uncle/neice time.Nothing like a long road trip to bond!I hope there's other group trips in the future.

lemonade said...

I once wrote my brother Keif what I thought was a particularly eloquent and well crafted account of our younger days, only to lose it in the nebulous abyss of cyberspace. I think Twitter with the 150 character maximum must have sprung up from similar (albeit seemingly hyper-narcissistic) experiences. So to remedy the situation you must retrace your steps and rewrite your account as it has been a pleasure to read-see you next summer with a gang of Okies!
Do you have the ability to upload pictures? I still have a bunch of photos from your visit.
And, are there any relatives with the ability to take your picture at your next record setting run?

Don't be sickened for long, every writer worth their salt has had the experience you describe.