Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hubba Bubba

Howdy! So I sat down to catch up on some old World Turnin' and thought I'd let ya know that I'm coming home for a month or so starting sometime before Turkey Day. Sweet Christ all mighty I cant wait for some bird and pie! Really looking forward to relaxing and getting a chance to see everyone. So thats about it....but check this out.

I was recently in San Louis Obispo (home to Cal Poly) and sauntered into bubble gum alley. There is a tradition of sticking your gum to a brick wall inside this alley that has been going on for decades. Supposedly every few years the business owners get fed up with it and try to power wash it, but judging by the festering mantle of Trident and core of Bazooka Joe, I'd guess its here to stay. My friend says that the sweet and slightly rancid smell is a real treat on hot days, but it was relativly tame while I was there.

6 comments:

equineobsessed said...

It will be great to lay eyes on you and give you the hugs we have been saving for the wild wanderer. About the hubba bubba - its good to know you haven't missed any famous landmarks. yuck.

pakrboy said...

Free gum?! Damn, California really IS the land of plenty!
Are you hiking out, or just taking a plane?

tinman said...

Hey Chief, that's great news. 'Course you know there's a couch with your name on it at the WOR if you need a place to park for a little while.

Hawk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hawk said...

Hey,glad to hear you're going to spend some time in Okie-land. I know that time will get stretched thin, but hopefully we can hook up over a beer or two.
As Steve said, you are welcome here. The extra bed, the couch or the back yard under the stars.
Looking forward to seeing you.

nuh dah ay gay he said...

yo brandon! will be great to see you ... in person :)
call me when you are in town and i'll come find ya!
xxoomo