Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Breath of Fresh Earth

Okay folks,

We are leaving Durban tommrow at 1600 local. I have had such an amazing time during this port call. All the BS from my previous experience ashore and all the hardships of my time at sea are 100% worth the hassle. I've also got a new boss and an entirely new ship mission and science crew to look forward too, so Im feeling good. Hopefully the ship will be on a heading agreeable to staying connected with the internet, but if not, it might be 2 or 3 weeks before you hear from me again. Hopefully thats not the case. But either way, South Africa is a dynamic, remote and beautiful powder keg of potential or tragedy and Im glad too have experienced this country, in this region, at this time.

So, by the looks of things, the ship is going to hit some big seas right out of the gate again, but I'm hopeful that my sealegs will be intact right off the bat. Otherwise I might be short a couple of meals worth of nutrients.

Ill fill in the details if we are still connected.

Love
Brandon

3 comments:

tinman said...

Can hardly wait to hear your tales. Looking forward to seeing some bergs off the fantail. Happy sailing!

equineobsessed said...

Bon voyage miaminephew! Enjoy your continuing adventure. I can't wait to get all the details from you in person. xxxooo

nuh dah ay gay he said...

Good to see your spirits are high! tell guliver i said HI
xxooMO