Friday, September 23, 2011

Goodbye and Good Riddance

The temperatures have cooled, the rain has come (for some) and now the calendar agrees; Autumn has come, leaving behind one of the most cruel summers in remembrance.I figured  the summer of 1980 would be my old-timer's reference for when things were 'really hot' but I stand corrected. After one of the most brutal winters in history, with record snowfall and low temps (-31 in Nowata, only-18 here) inside of six months we were savaged by drought and record sustained triple digit temps.
  Farewell, cruel summer, hello autumn. Hopefully it will be mild.

4 comments:

Cara O. said...

Hope so! What a rough year to be an Okie. That's a wonderful photograph. Here's to brisk air, warm sweaters and hot beverages.

pakrboy said...

I hope also, that 2011 wasn't the beginning of a trend (can you say global warming?). Although, I always HAVE loved the desert...

Hawk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hawk said...

I love summer and warm temps, but when we get hotter than Phoenix I truly hate it! My ideal temp is 75 - ALL YEAR LONG. So, I don't mind kicking 115 degrees in the butt, hope it doesn't ever come back. Just hope the leaves here get pretty, like they do in the East.

Brenda