Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Raising funds for Big Brothers/Big Sisters

Hi folks,

I'm participating in the Tulsa Library fundraiser for Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Tulsa County. BBBS has been around since 1977 and provides one-on-one mentoring for kids who may not have a positive adult role model in their lives. This provides a consistent relationship that helps them do better in school and grow into confident young adults.

Now, I know you may have already bought Girl Scout Cookies, and although BBBS is a great cause, I feel weird asking for pledges without having anything to offer in return. And so, if you can make a donation, I hereby promise to make you 1. a generous box of truly decadent cookies or 2. the pie of your dreams. I can make it sugar-, gluten-, or dairy-free if that's your bag. Or if you just don't like dessert, I'll make you something else.

I can take pledges the (sort of) old-fashioned way via email (cara.orban@gmail.com), or at this link: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=292255&supId=248758914

Thanks for considering. ~ Cara

2 comments:

tinman said...

From a Big brother to a Big sister...glad to help. xo sjo

Cara O. said...

Thanks!

Good things will be coming your way soon.

Also - thanks for the compost. We spread it earlier this week and I was planning on planting some peas and greens in the next couple of days.